Two reports of interest appeared on the Internet recently.
The first is a report from the Chicago Council on Global Affairs called "Engaging Religious Communities Abroad: A New Imperative for U.S. Foreign Policy." It is a bit long, so you might want to just read the executive summary at the beginning.
The second is a report called "The New Landscape of the Religion Blogosphere" by the Social Science Research Council. Unfortunately, this blog did not make it into the report. What an oversight!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Too many to say too much:
- The USCIRF is accused of an anti-Muslim bias in the Washington Post.
- The Freedom From Religion Foundation, a U.S. group that seek increased separation of church and state, is lobbying the federal government to end tax breaks for ministers.
- A church that mixes Eastern Orthodoxy with Evangelical Christianity.
- Pew releases a study on the religious attitudes of the millennials.
- A group unhappy with current trends in the Lutheran Church has unveiled plans to form a rival, the North American Lutheran Church (NALC), which will promote traditional teachings.