Thursday, January 28, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Religious regulation has been big in the news lately.
- The transcript for a discussion of the Pew Report on Global Restrictions on Religion has been posted online. The transcript is long but gives some excellent context for the report.
- Open Doors released its World Watch List, which ranks countries where persecution of Christians is the worst.
- The Center for Religion and Public Affairs at Wake Forest University released a document that explores 35 questions related to religion in politics and public life. It is titled Religious Expression in American Life: A Joint Statement of Current Law.
- The December 2009 Newsletter of the Association of American Law Schools included a 35-page bibliography of articles, books, and websites on law and religion from 2009.
- Following his recent predecessors, President Obama declared January 16th Religious Freedom Day.